The Mechanics Assistant will assist mechanics
- Helps mechanic perform maintenance and repairs such as tune-ups and oil changes, checks tires and brakes, replaces spark plugs and engages in other similar tasks.
- Assists mechanic with electrical systems such as replacing batteries, starters, and lights.
- Test drives vehicles to ensure repairs are completed property.
- Cleans the shop and returns tools to proper location.
- Maintains inventory of replacement parts and equipment.
- Inspects tools and equipment to ensure they are in working order.
- Updates maintenance and repair logs for vehicles.
- Pick up parts from dealer and/or retail auto parts store
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of vehicle repair.
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to use power and hand tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read service and repair manuals.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in a timely fashion
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Related experience preferred.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform repairs and inspections.
- Must be able to work safely in a noisy area with many odors present.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.
Hilliary offers: a competitive salary; health, vision and dental insurance; vacation and a 401K after six months. Hilliary is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US and pass a background/drug test.
About Hilliary, More than 60 years ago, the Hilliary Family acquired a small telephone company in rural southwest Oklahoma. Now in its third generation, the company has grown from serving a single community with just 100 access lines covering 22 square miles to serving more than 19,000 customers in 22 counties throughout Oklahoma, Texas, and Iowa. The company offers internet, voice, and HilliaryTV. Hilliary continuously researches the marketplace for innovations and strives to improve underserved areas, offering services that exceed customer expectations.