The primary job function of a Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineer is to monitor and maintain the network. There are three main roles in the Network Operation Center (NOC). To ensure maximum possible service availability and performance; to provision customer network serves on core equipment and; to provide support services for Engineering and other technical teams.
A successful candidate will need to be able to function in a fast-paced environment and will be expected to multitask and prioritize to complete duties, while maintaining proper communication levels with the team and supervisor.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Ensure timely resolution to trouble tickets.
- Ensure timely follow up with customers via e-mails or phone calls.
- Identify network problems and risk areas and provide recommendations for resolutions
- Assist with the maintenance of all systems and associated support functions
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Monitor current network infrastructure
- Maintain network documentation
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Write detailed Methods of Procedure (MOPs) for implementation and maintenance activities
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Five Years Network Operations experience or equitant
- Knowledge of network security standards and best practices
- Knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities
- Ability to travel when required
- Ability to lead projects requiring a careful, meticulous approach including documentation and presentation of methods and results
Preferred Technical and Vendor Background (some but not all required):
- Cyan Z33/77 DWDM
- Calix E7/C7
- Adtran CPE
- BTI Transport
- GPon, Passive, Active ETH, Core/CPE
- Cisco – Juniper core-CPE
- DC Power Plant – TDH and ETH Test Set
- Gen Band C15
Preferred Software Knowledge:
- Microsoft Office Products
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Project
Hilliary Communications offers: a competitive salary; health, vision and dental insurance; vacation and a 401K after six months. Hilliary Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US and pass a background/drug test.
Hilliary Communications operates five ILEC properties and a CLEC in Oklahoma and Texas. Hilliary proudly serves over 8,000 subscribers in Oklahoma and Texas, operating in excess of 1,500 route miles of fiber providing broadband services.
At present, Hilliary Communications is deploying a new FTTH system to 8,000 new homes in Central Oklahoma.