We are looking to employ a hard-working and experienced Technician to perform all duties pertaining to the installation and general upkeep of customers’ telecommunications systems. The Technician’s responsibilities include maintaining an accurate record of all work orders completed per day, answering customers’ questions, and planning for installations by reviewing customers’ orders and ensuring that all necessary supplies and tools are on hand. You should also be able to maintain a safe working environment at all times.
To be successful as a Technician, you should be detail-oriented and knowledgeable about telecommunications systems. Ultimately, a top-performing Technician should be able to interpret technical manuals and schematic designs, demonstrating exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Upgrading and maintaining companies’ current systems.
- Evaluating customers’ needs and installing systems that best meet those needs.
- Running routine tests on systems to ensure that all components are functioning at optimal levels.
- Performing diagnostic testing on problematic systems to identify and resolve various technical faults.
- Performing temporary fixes until extensive repair work can be done at a later date.
- Checking all wiring work done to ensure that there are no exposed cables.
- Investigating and resolving customers’ complaints in a timely manner.
Telecommunications Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- The ability to interpret technical manuals and schematic designs.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- A detail-oriented disposition.
Hilliary offers: a competitive salary; health, vision and dental insurance; vacation and a 401K after six months. Hilliary Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US and pass a background/drug test.
Hilliary operates five ILEC properties and a CLEC in Oklahoma and Texas. Hilliary proudly serves over 8,000 subscribers in Oklahoma and Texas, operating in excess of 1,500 route miles of fiber providing broadband services.
At present, Hilliary is deploying a new FTTH system to 8,000 new homes in Central Oklahoma.