We are looking to employ a hard-working and experienced Telecommunications Technician to perform all duties pertaining to the installation and general upkeep of customers’ telecommunications systems. The Telecommunications Technician’s responsibilities include maintaining an accurate record of all work orders completed per day, answering customers’ questions, and planning for installations by reviewing customers’ orders and ensuring that all necessary supplies and tools are on hand. You should also be able to maintain a safe working environment at all times.
To be successful as a Telecommunications Technician, you should be detail-oriented and knowledgeable about telecommunications systems. Ultimately, a top-performing Telecommunications Technician should be able to interpret technical manuals and schematic designs, demonstrating exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
Telecommunications Technician Responsibilities:
- Upgrading and maintaining companies’ current telecommunications systems.
- Evaluating customers’ needs and installing telecommunications systems that best meet those needs.
- Running routine tests on telecommunications systems to ensure that all components are functioning at optimal levels.
- Performing diagnostic testing on problematic telecommunications systems to identify and resolve various technical faults.
- Performing temporary fixes until extensive repair work can be done at a later date.
- Checking all wiring work done to ensure that there are no exposed cables.
- Investigating and resolving customers’ complaints in a timely manner.
Telecommunications Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- The ability to interpret technical manuals and schematic designs.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- A detail-oriented disposition.
Hilliary Communications offers a competitive salary, health insurance, vacation, and a 401K. Hilliary Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US and pass a background and drug test.
Employment at Hilliary (in any position) is contingent on the candidate passing a background check, including: Driving Record, State and Criminal Records and Drug Testing. In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: email@example.com. To apply for employment with Hilliary Communications, please fill out the application at the link above and attach a resume.
Hilliary operates six ILEC properties and a three CLEC in Oklahoma, Texas, and Iowa. Hilliary proudly serves over 10,000 subscribers in Oklahoma, Texas and Iowa, operating in excess of 1,500 route miles of fiber providing broadband services. At present, Hilliary Communications is deploying a new FTTH system to 8,000 new homes in Central Oklahoma.